Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Elementary my dear!


As a child my brother, sister and I were fortunate enough to live right down the street from our Elementary School- Chambers Primary. We could go down our cul-de-sac and through the short path to play on the most awesome playground castle (Well when we were young it was pretty hard core). I have many fond memories of that playground including Mr. Holmes, our dear recess Duty, who used to push us on the swings, extreme games of hide and seek which included hiding underneath the structures and up in the pitches, and hanging off of the tire swing and coming home with nasty knee wounds only to try to explain to my Mom that I didn't get it by dangling off the tire swing while it was in fast motion. I even remember when the community came together to rebuild the playground when a fire, during Fourth of July, burned it to the ground.

Since I enjoyed it so much as a child and lately I have been going over to my parents house almost every other day I started taking Joey to the playground. He loves it so much and his eyes get big every time we go. When we get out of the car to go to Grandma and Grandpa's he attempts to make a big dash down the street to the park, but of course this Mom is always quicker. =)

Going to Chambers the other day and walking around the outside of the school with my Mom and Joey brought back a lot of memories. I remembered where each one of my classrooms were and even with fondness remember the dreaded portables that are still there. On this particular trip I captured some great pictures of Joey having the time of his life. At one point I tried to show him how awesome the teeter totter was but he wanted nothing to do with it, so of course my mom and I tried it out. It's way easier when you are younger...let me tell you! =)





See that blue house in the background? One of my best childhood friends lived in that house and I spent many a days over there having all sorts of fun!

I took this one while on the swings, Joey ran right up to me while I was up in the air and I almost barreled him over.


Crawling out of one of the many hiding places

0 comments: