Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Yikes!

It's been awhile since I last blogged. Time sure seems to sneak up on me!
Things are going well here. We seem to have resolved Josh's heart business. He has to be on pills (beta blockers) for the rest of his life and has other meds to lower his heart rate when he feels it starting to pick up. Work is going well for Josh. He is still a workaholic, but I couldn't be happier with a husband who works extremely hard for our family.
We've started to really concentrate on savings and are making quarterly savings goals so that we can save up enough for a down payment on another home. I've even really tightened down on couponing and our food budget. I keep a detailed excel spread sheet of my out of pocket expense and my savings percentage. This month so far I average a 76% savings rate. Last month (January) my savings rate was 50% and I hardly couponed at all.
But even with savings comes a bit of fun. Josh and I have a 5 day Vegas trip planned for May. My sister is flying in from Tennessee for 3 weeks and will be trading off with my Mom watching Joey. We considered taking Joey to Disney Land this year but b/c he will only be 3 we felt that waiting one year would be our best bet.
Joey doesn't know it yet that Holly is coming but he will be so excited. He misses her so much and today while we were pulling into Costco he started hysterically crying for Holly. I don't know why Costco triggered his memory of her but it took a bit to calm him down. At least for the meantime we can Skype with Holly from across the country.
Joey continues to keep me on my toes. He can be so naughty and yet, 5 minutes later, be so polite and kindhearted. The mood swings are hard to deal with at times but I guess that comes with having an almost 3 year old. The terrible twos do end when they turn three right? =)
It's hard to believe that I am already starting to research preschool! Being a stay at home mom means Joey doesn't get to be around a lot of kids therefore social interaction with other children is limited. (hint hint to my friends: start having babies asap!) We tend to visit a lot of parks, McDonald's play lands, and the Fred Meyer Play Lands for other kids for Joey to play with, but even then the kids more parallel play, which is completely normal for almost 3 year olds. My hope with Preschool is that Joey will develop more social skills in a preschool setting so that he can be fully prepared for kindergarten.
As for me I am constantly wishing for more time! I find myself always always cleaning the apartment. You would think a smaller space would be easier to maintain, but I find it more difficult. It seems like most of my days are running errands, cleaning and playing with Joey. I haven't found (or made) any time to do scrapbooking or sewing, and I need to get on that asap! I have, however, started playing more volleyball. I was invited to play on a competitive club team in addition to the Wednesday night league I play on. We are undefeated for our Wed. League and we finished 2nd in our first Power League Series tournament, which is a great start. The end goal is to make it to Nationals in Arizona in May, which would be be totally awesome. The cool thing about this adult league is that there are ladies in their mid thirties still playing competitive volleyball and let me tell you they can get down and play! I never realized there were these types of leagues to participate in and I can only hope that 10 years from now when I am in my mid-thirties that I can still play like that!

0 comments: