Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Driftwood Dash 5k

My best friend, Kara's sister threw a 5k run to raise money for the Nepal Orphan's Home. She went there in July of last year and it changed her life forever. Ever since, Laura has been finding new ways to raise money to help the Orphans in Nepal.

I have never ever done a 5k...ever. I don't really run and haven't for some time. So I borrowed a jogging stroller and went out with the stroller brigade. It was a lot of fun. My time was 46:55 and was the first stroller in....whoop whoop! That was mostly walking and a slight jog at the end because Joey was not having being in a stroller anymore.

Before the race started the kids did a little dash around the island. Joey brought in the rear. He cheated and cut through half the course and still came in last. Haha!

After the race there was a raffle and I made out like a bandit. Such luck! Or it could be the fact that I purchased 50 raffle tickets though. Joey won a new helmed, knee pads, and elbow pads and I won a free round of golf (which I am gifting to my dad for Father's Day...muhaha).

The Driftwood Dash was so much fun and I am glad to be able to have participated in the race and given back to the Nepal children.



1 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

Holla! And that picture with the back of my head in it is pretty sweet. :)