Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Forks, Washington

So I will so admit that I am a huge Twilight Fan. Well, not obsessive, but I really enjoy the books and the movies. Jpsj teases me b/c he says I have a crush on the actor that plays Edward, Robert Pattinson; but really I just find Edward's character so romantic and a tad dreamy. Huge difference Josh!
Anyways, my Mom thought it would be fun to go up to Forks (where Twilight takes place) while my Uncle was here visiting. I thought we were just going b/c my Uncle Paul had been up there before, but low and behold I find out my Mom's true intentions on the drive up. She wanted to go so I could tour Forks. We've been there before, but that was years ago before Twilight was even a thought in Stephanie Meyer's mind.
I was kind of embarrassed to admit that we were going...especially when she told the waitress at the restaurant in Port Angeles that that was why we were going. Thanks Mom!

We did have a good time though. The town of Forks is really into the whole Twilight craze and definitely caters to the hype. They landmark certain places in town that correlate to the book, even going as far as labeling Bella's house and the Cullen's house. We also got to go down to La Push Beach on the reservation. It was neat and I actually thought the description of the beach was what I imagined it to be in the books.

Sign at the Fork's Welcome Center



La Push Beach...Joey looks amused



Team Jacob



Team Edward



Bella's Truck

0 comments: