Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Silverwood

Last week, my Mom, Ashley, Joey and I drove over to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and went to the Silverwood Amusement/Water Park. We only got to enjoy the Amusement side though. It was so COLD! Like barely 50 degrees cold. Unfortunately I didn't pack so well for the adverse weather and had to go and buy some tennis shoes for Joey. It was weird going to an Amusement park in jeans and rain coats, but none the less, we had so much fun.

Even though it poured down rain we still were so excited to go on all the rides. My Mom has been talking about taking Joey on rides, probably since the day he was born, so it was no surprise that the first ride she suggested was a roller coaster. REALLY!?!?
Ok, so plug your ears, b/c a bad mom moment is coming on. Joey was definitely tall enough to ride the roller coaster, but just because he was tall enough, didn't mean he was ready. I sat right next to him and watched his face go from excited, to leery (going up the climb), to scared silly.....At that point I pretty much was holding on to him for dear life and my hands covered his eyes. I have to admit, I think I was more scared than him, because at the end of the ride, he wanted to do it all again. SERIOUSLY!?!?! I felt horrible for taking him on a ride that he shouldn't have gone on. Even though he loved it he still said it was scary. And of course, being the worry wart mom that I am, I worried the entire time we were there that he somehow sustained internal injuries. Of course he didn't and he had the time of his life!

We had so much fun going to Idaho. Even though I was born there I, for the most part, was too young to remember much. I loved the small town feel of Coeur d'Alene and maybe someday I can see my family and I living in a small town like that.





0 comments: