Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day One of 30 Day Challenge

10 Facts about me




1. I chose this picture because I am feeling fat and pregnant. This was taken last May in Vegas and I am about 10 pounds lighter and not trying to sound vain, but I look great in this picture. Granted I am pregnant now and have gained weight, but sometimes I struggle with feeling and looking my best. I actually wore this shirt yesterday with a blue cardigan to work, but I am thinking I look a little bit different. I so want to be tan again. Of course only a fake one...I prefer self tanner over a tanning bed, for obvious reasons.

2. I. AM. A. NERD. Always have been, always will be and I am proud of it. Anything from reading and watching Harry Potter over and over again, to making Star Wars jokes, (anyone remember, "May the Fourth be with you") being dorky is what defines me...ask anyone. I am also married to a pretty big and cute dork. Our kids are screwed.

3. I can't wait until February 2029. This is when all the sealed and classified records of the JFK assassination will be made public. As a firm believer of a cover up, I hope to see exactly what kind of classified information was collected by the Warren Commission to make the public think that it would buy such stories as the magic bullet theory and the lack of chain of evidence during the investigation. In my own opinion I believe that a rogue operation stemming from the highest levels of our government took part in the assassination as a means to keep from withdrawing from the Vietnam War under JFK.

4. I can be easily confusing. I tend to think in my head and not share all the details with the person I am talking to. For example, I bought a wall coat rack intending to use it as a hooded towel holder for the kids bathroom. I only told Josh that I wanted it hung in the bathroom, not telling him where or how I wanted to use it. He didn't read my mind and hung it up high and out of reach. Whoops.

5. I hold a special place in my heart for "problem children." As a parent with a child who has SPD, it is hard to deal with others who feel like my kid has behavioral problems and can't see him for the truly amazing kid he really is. I am so lucky to work at a daycare that cares so much about my kid. Joey's teachers are truly amazing and have helped him more than they know. As a result of having Joey, I have become a more patient person towards those who are difficult or misunderstood, especially children.

6. I have a strong urge to move to California or any other place that has a good climate. I am so over this wet and cold Washington weather.

7. When I was younger I had a big ol' crush on Billy Ray Cyrus. The singer with the mullet who sang "Achy Breaky Heart." I had a big poster of him on my wall that my dad, of all people, got me. His daughter is Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. I feel old!

8. When we were in junior high my friend Kara and I loved Austin Powers. We were so oblivious to the sexual innuendos that engulfed the entire movie. For her birthday one year I bought her a personalized license plate for her car, named the Shaggin' Wagon. The plate said, "It's the Shaggin' Wagon Baby Yeah!" At the time we couldn't understand why her Mom wouldn't let her actually put it on her car. That is how oblivious and naive we were.

9. I can't imagine a life where my husband and Joey don't exist. In a lot of ways my life started when these two came into the picture.

10. Sometimes I think it would be cool to run for a local office or be in politics. But I have a feeling that there is way to much incriminating evidence out there for me to even have a chance. =)

1 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

You're welcome for the good idea. :) And it was, "The Shaggin' Wagon, YEAH baby yeah." Boy were we stupid. lol