Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Summer Summer Time!

Here comes the Sun!

Did I just mix Will Smith with the Beatles? =)

Well, Summer is here in full force. Well except today. Today is cold and stormy. But the last couple of weeks have been hot and sunny and we can't get enough if it. With a miserable cold and rainy June, everyone was asking, "where's summer?" and July answered with a resounding, "HERE I AM!".

We have taken full advantage of the beautiful weather and have welcomed in an unofficial break until Joey enters Kindergarten in the fall.
Between the end of preschool and Fall Joey is going to a three week summer kindergarten that Woodland Elementary is offering. So far he likes it!

Other than working in the yard, we have sorted out the garage, enjoyed the firepit, and lounged on the grass.


I love both of these pictures (top and bottom). It's rare to get a normal picture of Joey these days and I don't have nearly enough of Van outside!


The firepit turned out really awesome and it's so fun to go out to the backyard after dinner and enjoy a fire and cook some smores.

The other day we roasted hot dogs in the fire and enjoyed some homemade pretzel hot dog buns that Josh made. DELICIOUS!



We even made a front yard "water park" that may have rivaled Wild Waves. OK, maybe not that cool, but 4 kids agreed, that what Josh and I set up was the bee's knees.
Last Sunday, we watched my friends 3 kids (all under 5). Mix that with Joey and Van and five car seats, dare I say we felt a little Brady Bunch(ish)?



It has been nice barbequing and eating dinner on the patio in the evening. We forget how much we enjoy a nice bbq meal.


Whenever they get the chance, Daddy and Joey sneak away to work on projects such as rebuilding the carburetor on the old lawn mower or doing yard work in the backyard.



And not to be outdone by the outside work I spent some time making a Summer mantel. I was tempted to keep up the Independence Day decor but figured that I had enough yellow and other bright colors to work with that summer decor was in order. I love having a mantel to decorate on!







0 comments: