Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer wrap up

Once again I have let blogging escape me. Apparently I am very good at taking hiatus's when things get busy.
Last time I left off we were kick starting summer (finally)and had Van baptized. Shortly after the baptism Joey, Van my Mom and I left for a 2 week vacation to California/Nevada.
What was supposed to be a 13 hour road trip turned into a two (full)day car ride to Lake Tahoe. Obviously traveling with a 10 month old would warrant some stops, but it seemed that we had stopped so much to comfort, nurse or stretch the little ones limbs. Somewhere near Roseburg, Oregon we rearranged the car so that one of the adults could sit in the backseat with the boys. Thankfully my Mazda 5 has three rows!

Once arriving in Lake Tahoe we spent about a week there relaxing in the timeshare, playing at the beach, touring the shops and of course visiting Virginia City.
After almost a week we packed the car to head down to Manteca, California to visit my Mom's cousin Pat (my Godmother) and her family. I personally hadn't seen them since I was a young girl, but before I knew it we were all caught up and reacquainted.

The last leg of our trip included a few day stay in San Jose. We dined with our extended family, rode all the rides at the Boardwalk, and spent more time with close friends and family.


I realize this is a very condensed version of a very long vacation, but it's nothing a little picture montage can't take care of.


The rest of the summer was spent relaxing at home with Daddy. He took some time off and it was nice to just play outside and make the most of it until Joey started school in September.

0 comments: