Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day



Since I was still recovering from the baby shower the day before, we had a low key Saint Patrick's day. I had made Corn Beef, cabbage, and red potatoes earlier in the week using a crock pot recipe I came across on Pinterest. It was OK, it seemed overcooked and the house stunk like cabbage for days afterwards. It led me to implement a new policy in the Callon Household. No cooked cabbage allowed; ever! Seeing that I am the only one who enjoys this Irish feast as is, we opted for something different for dinner.

Naturally I bought green shirts for the boys and I wore my polka dot green maternity shirt that I seem to wear almost every Saint Patrick's Day, pregnant or not. Surprisingly Josh owned something green as well. It was a little funny at church, we wore all green and really, no one else did. But I like the spirit of the day, even if it meant no good beer to down and no big celebration either.



0 comments: