Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Baby Baking update

This week my ticker says I have just hit 15 weeks, but I am all sorts of confused because my doctors appointment this week is for my 16 week check up. It's funny that different sources tell you different due dates. Babycenter.com, my doctor, and the ultrasound technician all give me different dates. Oh well. I am sticking with August 29th though because my doctor says I won't go past that. Regardless of dates, we are still baking a healthy, perfect baby.
Babycenter says that my baby this week is:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light.
I recently went in for a 12 week ultrasound plus lab testing to do a risk assessment. The ultrasound paired with the lab work screen for a multitude of potential problems the baby could have (down syndrome, spina bifida, etc.) While it can't tell exactly if a baby will have a problem, it will provide the risk of having such problems. The doctors seemed very optimistic at the ultrasound and said baby looked wonderful and that baby was very cooperative when it came to checking out all points of interest.
I have definitely noticed a difference in the past couple of days when it comes to morning sickness. It is starting to subside and I notice that my energy is returning. I find it funny that I am able to play in a whole volleyball tournament, but cleaning the kitchen exhaust me. I think that more comes down to what is more fun though. Speaking of volleyball, I continue to play as long as my body allows. I plan on playing up until the end of the 2nd trimester which should get me through the rest of club season and our spring rec league. But the final decision comes down to my doctor.
I am showing a little bit. My boss calls it a little pooch, really it could just be bloat, except it doesn't go away. But I can definitely tell my hips are getting a little bit wider and my pants don't quite fit. I am not going to lie, this is probably a lot more related to my food cravings then anything else.

0 comments: