Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Joey



I don't think its possible that I could love Joey more today then the day I gave birth to him, but my love seems to grow exponentially greater every day I am blessed to have him in our lives.

Last night we started a new tradition of Joey singing to baby. He's still a little confused on the details of how there is a baby in my tummy, seeing that there is just nothing there to evidence the fact. I explained that baby was the size of an apple at this point but would grow big to be a baby, it just takes time. This seems to have quelled his constant request to "take" the baby out of me so he can play with him/her. Anyways, bless his sweet little heart, he sang to baby our song that we sing to each other every night before bed, "You are my Sunshine." He really seems to be taking this big brother business seriously. Anytime I ask if he wants to have a baby brother or sister he says he wants a brother and wants to name him, "M, like the Letter of the Day at preschool." Okay.

Speaking of bedtime, we do the same routine every night. Normally I do all the prayers for him and then he sings to me and then I sing to him, but lately he has taken more interest in praying at dinner time, so I've changed it to where he prays and I help lead him. He always insist he needs help praying, but he is getting the hang of it.

Joey has grown up so quick before my eyes. I can't believe that in a few short weeks he will be 4. Although he exhibits wild tendencies on the exterior, inside he is one of the most loving, empathetic little boys I know. One of my favorite things he says is, "Guess what Mommy?" "What?" "I loooooovvvvveeeee you!"

Melts my heart!

0 comments: