Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scene and Heard Sunday

-We have a new addition to our family. It's called Josh's mustache. I am not sure if I quite have all the details, but he has been growing it for about a month because he lost a bet at work. There is no word when this "addition" will be leaving.


-I finally broke down and opted to do a belly shot. I never did one early on while being pregnant with Joey. As a matter of fact there aren't too many pictures of me pregnant with him...and that is probably a good thing.
I am 18 weeks in this picture. It is weird that some days I seem bigger and like this one I feel there is hardly any bump there.


-Not to be outshone by Daddy's mustache and Mommy's baby bump, Joey wanted to show off his bump/tattoo. I can't take credit for that tattoo or it's placement...that is all my sister's doing.


-I prepared my first seafood dinner last night for my friend Paris and I. It was surprisingly not hard. We stuffed our faces full of crab, shrimp, and lobster. It was buttery delicious. I may have created a monster within myself though. I realized how simple and quick it is to prepare, but the recipes I used called for copious amounts of butter, probably not the best for you.

-Wednesday marked the 6th time out of 7 seasons that we have won our league for volleyball. This team started in September of 2008 and has been going strong ever since. We do travel about 30 minutes up to Kent to play in this league, but have found it offers the most competition. Hopefully we can continue our win streak even with fatty me playing along.

-It really wouldn't be a week without some daycare stories to share.
On Monday I came back from my week vacation and the kids were pretty excited to have me back. We were playing pretend games where I was Queen Mother Keana and I was giving everyone jobs to do which include shoulder rubs and plans to take over the world. Everything was going swimmingly, until the 8 and 9 year old girls suggested we all pretend that I was going into labor and to give birth to my baby. I drew the line there. For some reason, I am not sure these girls exactly realize what goes into giving birth, but let's keep them innocent for awhile!
I ended the week having to talk to two sets of parents because two first grade boys were "practicing a popular Michael Jackson move, and I am not talking about the Moonwalk." It really does surprise me what these kids know at such a young age.

0 comments: