Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scene and Heard Sunday

-Yesterday morning, my friend Paris, whom I work with, came over to watch Joey while I went to my volleyball tournament. Joey asked if he could go and I said maybe when Aunt Holly came to pick him up, she would take him. When they came to the tournament in the afternoon, Joey sat with my friend Heather and watched me play. At one particular point in the game he looked at Heather and said, "that's my Mommy, she is awesome at volleyball." I love how Joey is very into making observations as of lately.

-I am starting to feel baby move around a tiny bit. It's hard to tell because I have discovered that I am lactose intolerant this pregnancy and any time I have dairy my stomach is a rumbling and there is major gas build-up which feels similar to baby movement.

-I enjoyed a nice long week vacation from work. I realized how much I miss being a stay at home mom. I resign from my position around the end of June when school is out for the kids. I will miss everyone at the daycare so much, but am so grateful to have had that place as a part of my life, even if it was short.

-On Saint Patrick's Day, my cousin Laura and her husband, Dave were up visiting from San Jose so they came over to my house for a traditional St. Patty's day dinner with all my family. We all had a great time and even though I didn't love my own cooking that particular night, everyone else said they did.

-I am so grateful to still be playing volleyball and doing so with a healthy pregnancy. I didn't play when I was pregnant with Joey and wasn't so active at all, so this time I notice that I have kept the weight down better. I can definitely tell I am slowing down on the court and am having to make some adjustments on hitting, but I am so glad that my team is understanding and that we are blessed with subs, especially during yesterday's tournament. I injured my foot near the arch and am not sure what I did. It feels like a big cramp in my foot, but won't go away; so this week I have to go to the doctors to get that checked out. Apparently your arches can soften out during pregnancy, so I am not sure if this is a symptom or an injury at this point.

-I want to leave off this post with a funny quote from Joey. One night this week I was tucking him to bed when he said,
"Mommy, when I grow up I am going to get big, and my legs are going to get big, and my butt is going to get big and your butt is going to get big!"

Gee thanks Joey! In retelling this quote to Josh, Joey then also mentioned that Aunt Katy's and Uncle Jason's butts would get big too. Ouch! Let's hope his foresight is not on target this early.

0 comments: