Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Settling In

I took this last week of work off to finally get things put away in our new house. I still have lots of work to do, but I am starting to get excited for the ideas bursting in my head for decorating. I was finally able to start decorating our shelves since Josh has finished up the wiring for surround sound. One of my first "decorating" projects was hanging pictures and my collage I had made at our apartment.

I am really happy with how the collage turned out.
One of the big things I am trying to be open about is mixing in Joey's things with our decor. It's his house too and by golly, if he wants his "home office" set up right near the window, then he has the right to.



This has really given me inspiration for decorating our master bedroom and the nursery. Today my mom and I are headed out to Ikea and Pier One to get ideas. I am really digging light green this year for my bedroom and I have a good idea in my head about how I want the nursery to look. Think Carrie Bradshaw's apartment in the first Sex and the City movie. That blue color gives me envy, only if its a girl though. Hopefully I can get the go ahead from Josh to paint. Even though its a rental, they said we can paint; and actually, we hope to buy this house at some point.

0 comments: