Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

23 Weeks

My friend Shelley over at The Sprouffskes *Life on the Farm* did a very neat survey/record of her pregnancy, so I "borrowed" it from her page to keep track of the rest of my pregnancy. It's easier then trying to think up one on my own. Thanks Shelley! Also congrats to the Sprouffskes who just welcomed their second boy into the family on Monday, John Paul Emeric.

* How Far Along: 23 weeks? Is that really all it is? Apparently I had to go check
on babycenter.com how far along I was b/c I forgot. Way to go awesome Mom!
* Size of baby: Just over a pound.
* Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 pounds. I've really shot up in the weight in the last couple of weeks. But, I should be gaining about a pound a week now.
* Maternity Clothes: My volleyball teammate, Heather is graciously letting me borrow her maternity clothes since I seem to have given away all of mine. I can wear my normal tops and sweaters, but I am in maternity pants all the way. I attempted to try on a pair of my regular jeans the other day. It. Was. Not. Pretty.
* Gender: A boy!
* Movement: He is very active, especially when I can concentrate on the movement...mainly at night. He has hiccups too, which I forgot how weird that felt.
* Sleep: I am doing ok on the sleep front. I wake up a lot for no reason. I am slightly uncomfortable and try really hard to lay on my sides.
* What I miss: I miss not feeling normal and having energy, but it doesn't bother me. This is such a wonderful blessing!
* Cravings: Omelets. I make them when I get home from work in the morning. Probably why I have so much weight gain!
* Symptoms: A belly?
* Best moment this week: A kindergartner at work asked me what I was doing after I dropped him off at school. I told him I was going home but would be back to work at 3. He goes, "oh...do you think you will have your baby then and bring him back with you?"
* What Joey thinks: Joey is so excited to be a big brother. He tells everyone he meets. He isn't quite sure on how that baby got in there and ask if everyone is having a baby. A couple of days ago he asked me if the baby in my tummy would be coming out of my mouth. Yes Joey...something like that.

3 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

You're REALLY slacking on your 30 days of pics! I am too. ;) Please keep telling Joey the baby is coming out of your mouth. I can't even imagine what he'd go around telling people if you told him the real truth. lol

Keana C. said...

haha...i don't think I could even begin to tell him the truth about that one. He kind of had it right when he said he wanted to cut it out, but we are hoping that is not going to be the case this delivery...as you know. =)
I fail on the 30 days thing! Boo....oh well.

Rebecca said...

We need some belly shots! Let's see him grow.