Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Busy bee's

I haven't been blogging quite like I want to as of lately. I am feeling more normal again so I am using that new found energy and motivation to get some things done. Although, I could totally go for some extra motivation these days. It's starting to get nice and warm out. I think that helps with my attitude and my energy. I seem to always breeze through work easily and happily, but anything else I have to do seems tedious and arduous. So I think for this post I am going to do a list/bullets type thingy.

1. Mother's Day was nice and low key. I realized after Easter and commuting to both of our parents house, plus Church, that it was just too much. Josh, Joey and I don't get to spend very much time as a family. Sunday's are our only days together as a whole. So for Mother's Day, seeing it's partly my day, I made the plans. I sent Josh down to visit his Mom for a couple of hours and I went and had brunch with my Mom and Joey. We met back up in the afternoon and I bought, as a treat at the store, a Lobster tail and New York Sirloin for dinner. I also had two left over steaks for myself to practice cooking on. So for the last two nights I have gotten to BBQ steak while Josh is away. I am working on perfecting Medium Rare, and am getting close.

2. I did our baby registry at BabiesRUs the other day. I didn't register for much, just the essentials at this point. I am starting to buck down and get some things ready for the baby, but I have a lot to do! Josh cleaned out the office for me so I can start organizing the nursery and putting it together. I have found some cute, cute slings on etsy.com that I have fallen in love with. I am hoping to try to make them myself though, so I can have numerous colors and variety.

3. Next weekend we go to San Diego for Aunt Judy's memorial service. She was Josh's Aunt and she was just a fun loving, faith filled person. So, while it's unfortunate the circumstances we are going down there are sad, we do get to see some of Josh's other family members and catch up.

4. I am winding down my post as classroom assistant in the Schoolmates Room come mid-June. They end their school year on June 21st, which will also be my last day as an assistant. I will occasionally fill in as a sub as needed, but this summer is dedicated to preparing for our new bundle of joy. I am sad to go, as it seems I just started working, but I will never forget what I have learned working at the daycare. It has shown me the type of Mom I want to be and has definitely taught me that parenthood is not black and white. What I have assumed about parenting techniques and discipline have gone out the window and I have learned so much about the development of children in a real life setting. This will be a job that I am ever grateful for.

0 comments: