Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Piquing my Interest with....

Pinterest!

I've heard of this site and even rummaged around it a couple of times, but today I finally took the leap and requested an invite. At first, I was bummed because I couldn't just sign up for it, but the invite came in my email within an hour of requesting it...so no big deal.
Basically it's just a site for to tag your interest. My bookmarks menu in my internet pane was getting ridiculously full of interesting craft projects and ideas and I was having trouble sorting through it all. Pinterest sorts it for you by sorting the pictures of the blogs and sites you visit for any sort of idea. You can pin travel, photography, DIY crafts, nursery designs. etc; the possibilities are endless and it is neatly stored in your own personalized categories called boards. Very simple to use!
The best part is that people can follow you and vice versa and you can get some really great ideas and tips just by repinning or going through other user's pins. I created a board that stores all my personal craft creations and I even have had some people pin my projects. It is exciting because I really had no outlet for displaying my work without linking my personal blog everywhere. Now people can see my work just from the photos I uploaded.

In other crafty news, I have been getting things done off my to do list...slowly. I get distracted easily and still have Joey to entertain and take care of so I do get kind of bummed that my to do list is not shrinking fast enough.
However, I completed the Crib Mobile today and I didn't even have to sew it or go out to buy anything for it. I just used scrapbook paper I had lying around and a planter base to attach the strings. Pictures to come soon....

I also realized that sewing can be quite boring and tedious, but I would rather have customized things like diaper clothes than just buying those boring prefolds at the store. Tonight I was able to crank out the diaper clothes and a Chenille blanket with the Owl fabric. I still need to press the seams and finish up an edge sew on each of those two projects but I surprised myself and got a lot more done tonight then I expected. Yay!

I also think I figured out the curtain I want to use for the small window in the craft room/nursery and it's actually a shower curtain that I just purchased for the kid's bathroom. Don't worry, it's not "shower curtain looking", so no plastic vinyl anywhere. I am going to test it out tomorrow or go in search of one if that doesn't work out.

0 comments: