Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update #1 Keana

Apparently its been a while since I've blogged. I was keeping up so well right into the new year but somehow lost track of time.

There is nothing much new going on for me. I'm still playing volleyball on a rec league in Kent with Kirstin, a friend I played in high school and college with. The others girls on the team are so much fun to play with and its always great to get to know new people and reconnect with old friends. Being able to play again after just coaching for three years is thrilling. The leauge is semi competitive, but I find myself laughing and giggling so much while playing. Its the perfect combination!

I've recently started my spring cleaning early. And I mean really deep cleaning. I have a master list and am sticking to it. I am also trying to clean out as much stuff as I can. Books from college have been sold, papers organized, numerous bags of clothes have gone to Goodwill. One thing that I have really been into lately is scrapbooking. I don't do the whole really fancy scrapbooking with the die cuts and such, but I do like to add on embellishments and other decor as I go. I've completed 2 scrapbooks in the past year and am currently working on Joey's 2nd year scrapbook. And let me tell you, I have so many pictures. I printed them out at Walmart the other day and I had well over 200 pictures and that is only 10 months of photography! I still have all of Febuary and March to add into the scrapbook when the time comes. My goal is to have it done for Joey's second birthday party.

As a closing, I've wanted to show my appreciation for being blessed enough to be a Stay-at-Home-Mom. The job isn't always easy, but it's so rewarding. I tend to get anxiety with having an outside real job, that being able to get up every morning and have no real destination or schedule to stick to works well for me. Although sometimes I do need a little coaxing to get out of the house, Joey and I have found a comfortable balance of work, play, and fun. We go to they Y atleast twice a week but am going for a goal of three days a week (Mom needs to tone up bad!). I've also set up a couple of play dates for him and am looking into getting him into an Art class at the city center.

Most know that we have been trying for another baby for almost a year now. And while its been frusterating I have finally come to accept that it will happen in God's hands and in his time. It hasn't been an easy acceptance, but at 24 I shouldn't feel rushed to have more. Previously I had envisioned myself to have already had another baby by this time, but now I am actually really looking forward to sharing this summer with just Joey. I enjoy watching him grow up and love taking in his childhood joys into my heart! He will be old enough this summer to run freely around the park, run through the sprinklers without having to worry about him eating the dirt or putting rocks in his mouth, and going to the beach or lake. And so if God's will is for me to be pregnant this year than I am ready for what he has to offer. Either way I am grateful for all the blessings in my life!

0 comments: