Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's been too long....

Things have been so crazy here lately. Nothing huge going on, but life happens and blogging seems to halt.

My sister left to move to Tennessee two weeks ago and even though I am sad that she is gone, I am happy for her at the same time. I think its a wonderful opportunity to broaden your own horizons and move every once in awhile. Give me a month though, she will probably be receiving harassing phone calls to come back.

Josh had back surgery on Wednesday. He had, what is called a NeuroStimulator, installed into his back. It is like a tens unit that sends an electric current through different areas of his lower back to deaden the extreme pain he has been in for the past year. The surgery had some complications, the main one being that one of the leeds could not be properly placed in his back to relieve him of his pain so, what was supposed to be a 2 hour surgery, turned into a 5.5 hour surgery and the doctor ended up inserting a leed into his epidural cavity.
Josh is still in a lot of pain and ended up with 5 incisions sites (there was only supposed to be one). As soon as the incision sites heal we will be able to tell if the surgery was successful.

During all of this I ended up getting crazy sick with the worst cold in the world. I had all the symptoms fever, cough, sore throat, lost voice, runny nose, etc. except it was multiplied x's ten! I was feeling better on the day of Josh's surgery but that one long day turned my cold into overdrive. I went to the doctors the next day and they decided to test me for Swine Flu. But good thing that came back negative!

Joey is doing well. He is enjoying Daddy being home and he has suckered Josh into watching Wall-E with him numerous times. He finally got a haircut the other day and lets just say it wasn't pretty. He came out of it teary eyed, beat red, and a cool buzzed look.

0 comments: