Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fabric.com

I am so excited. I just made my first purchase on fabric.com! I plan on making a lot of the stuff for baby this time around. Blankets, a cloth mobile, a sling, a nursing cover, and diaper clothes (spit up rags). The fabric I just bought is for the diaper cloths, but I have a feeling I bought too much. Oh well, it can be up-cycled to something else. The cloths themselves should be super easy to make since the material is made out of flannel. I plan on backing with chenille or a solid flannel color with quilt batting. I surf around on etsy.com frequently and have been inspired by a lot of the projects. Some of them look like things I can do, but there are some things I am too timid to attempt.

The fabrics on fabric.com came from different collections. I have fallen in love with Michael Miller's and Amy Butler's design collection. I love the colors and quality, however I am not in love with the price. Good thing a quick Google search provided me with free shipping and $10 off my order. Woot!





How cute are that guitar print? And those owls?!

2 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

I LOVE Amy Butler's stuff! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :) Those are super cute prints!

Keana C. said...

Yes! I love that you love it too! I want to do pillow cases in her lotus collection. I found the best baby sling in one of those fabrics on Etsy, except the dealer wants $64 for it. I found the same exact sling in an Alexander Henry Mocca print for $24 though, so I may have to order that soon!