Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scene and Heard Sunday

-This week went by exceedingly quick. Since Summer has started it seems like time just fly's! We've all waited so long for warmer weather and now that it's here you can almost feel fall creeping up on us!

-We made an important decision this week to withdraw Joey from daycare once I finish up working there. Originally, we intended to keep him there two days a week not only to have some time for himself once the baby comes, but also to have him prep for Kindergarten. The daycare really served it's purpose in getting Joey socialized with others and learning how to act in a group setting. Without PPC, we may never have realized the sensory issues that Joey was dealing with. I am ever grateful to that wonderful place for helping my little guy out so much. But now that I am going back to being a stay-at-home-mom I really feel that it is in his best interest to stay home as well. Of course, socialization and kindergarten prep are going to be a big focus, I also feel more comfortable doing it in a setting where I would be around. We all plan on joining the YMCA as a family and I am looking into co-op preschools; karate class is also an avenue we are looking at.

-Once again, Joey never fails to make me laugh. This week marked three new additions to "Stuff my Joey says."
1. Sometimes Joey ask a lot of questions. One day I exhaustively told him in a joking manner that he asked to many questions. He agreed and said, "I do ask a lot of questions." The kicker though was when I asked him something later on, he said, "Mommy, now you are asking way too many questions!"
2. I caught Joey looking down his pajama shorts the other morning. When I asked what he was doing, he said, "Just checking to see if I have underwear on." Oh really?!
3. Joey has quite the interest in all things Jesus and will quickly recognize Jesus on a cross, or a crucifix wherever we go. The other day, Joey said, "Mommy, Daddy has two cheezits on his nightstand, I put them there." I was really confused about what he was telling me when I looked over to find not one, but two crucifixes sitting on Josh's nightstand. So not "cheezits" but "Jesus'" Got it! I know that we have a couple of crucifixes as gifts and such from our college days, but somehow that kid seems to find them and really feels like Daddy needs to have them.

-Things are slowly coming along with the baby/craftroom. I acquired a desk/hutch from my parents that I thought would be good as a computer table in the room but I slowly realized I was running out of room and that it was too bulky for the space. I removed the hutch part and primed and painted the table part a light blue. The table will be used as a changing table/landing ground for baby diapers and such.

It went from this....



to this....



Josh is going to put a coat of polyurethane on it to seal it up. I am thinking that a chocolate brown diaper changing pad cover will look good on this to contrast the different colors going into this room. Hopefully it will all come together swimmingly!

-This afternoon we went to "The Office" themed birthday party of my brother-in-law, Jason. I have never seen The Office, but did know the answer of Dundler & Mifflin as the company name, so it did win me a candy bar! They had a pinata there and it was funny to see Joey try to beat it and open it up. After a couple of good tries, Uncle Jason came to the rescue to get all that delicious candy from being trapped inside the pinata. =) Joey was a happy boy!

0 comments: