Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

33 weeks

I was looking back on old post of my pregnancy with Van and felt a little ashamed that I had done such a good job at tracking and writing about his and I haven't really done that this time around. I can't say that this pregnancy has been "non-chalant" but it sure seems that way after I got over being constantly sick and having the "plague". Ok, really it was just a really bad cold and sinus infection that lasted a month, but still; it knocked me on my butt. Since about the 23/24 week mark things have been smooth sailing. Being my third, I opted in for online virtual visits instead of going to the doctors office every 2-4 weeks. Since they mainly want vitals, they sent me home with a blood pressure monitor, a Doppler, and pee sticks (to test for protein). I essentially Skype/webcam with a practitioner and the appointment is over with in 10 minutes. No muss, no fuss.

Surprisingly I have only gained 25 pounds so far. February was a brutal month though. Too many temptations! Girl Scout cookies, Subway $5 foot-longs and Valentines Day were my downfall! Drool! So good! On the odder side of things I still fit into my regular pants, albeit they are super snug though. Since I am having a girl, I am carrying her a little higher and clothes have been a little more forgiving this time around. But let's be real here, maternity pants are way more comfortable and sweats are even more comfortable. Unless I am out and about, sweats and yoga pants are this pregnant girl's best friend!

Since this pregnancy is winding down I am starting to tire often and lose steam frequently. Most people, who don't know me, don't think I look pregnant. I joke around and say that with my height and build, I am a very roomy and hospitable uterus hotel. That being said, I feel like I am running out of "room" for her. She reminds me constantly with sharp jabs and kicks in every direction. The reminders are especially apparent at night.


As far as prep work goes I "set-up" the nursery today. I use that term loosely since there is still a lot of work that needs to be put in to it. I have a ton of sewing to still do. Nursing pads, burp clothes, skirts, and headbands are all on my to do list. I made a nursing shawl and boppy cover about a month ago from some Amy Butler fabric that I am in love with and cannot wait to put those to good use. No more flashing innocent eyes while breastfeeding! I also completed the curtains for the nursery that are the main inspiration for the room. The hard part now is to find coordinating fabrics and colors so that the nursery doesn't look too busy.




Do you see what I mean about "a lot of work"? I also think I need to rearrange more. But do you see that beauty of a crib? That was my $44 clearance find at Target back in January. It was the exact crib I wanted, but in the wrong color. Beggars can't be choosers though. I couldn't pass up that great deal. I even put it together myself! Let's not mention the fact that I will have two children in cribs. Shhhh!!!

0 comments: